I took my (almost) 15 year old pooh bear Sydney to the Ambleside Dog Beach today with his younger family-mate Boo. As we crossed through the construction zone over the Capilano River Sydney started to cry like a banshee. I was with my dear mother at the end of her life on earth and witnessed the struggle that takes place as the soul leaves the physical body so in a panic I thought to myself – this is it… Syd is checking out.
Rather than pull over and help him with the process I decided to hold on through the 5 or 6 blocks to the beach. Once there, I realised that Sydney’s soul was still well and happy inside his aging physical self. The banshee-like wailing was simply because Boo was literally standing on Sydney's body in an attempt to stick his nose further out the window.
There will be more walks at the dog beach for my old doggie.
There will be more walks at the dog beach for my old doggie.

No comments:
Post a Comment